Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th Dismissed

When my nephew turned 13 he called me (very excitedly), "Aunt Michelle, Aunt Michelle, I turned 13 today!" Congratulations Jason, that is a long time to be alive. "But it's Friday the 13th, and I'm turning 13!" Wow, that is interesting says I. "But AUNT Michelle I am turning 13 on Friday the 13th AND my name is Jason!!!" I'm sorry, I get the Friday the 13th, but what does your name have to do with it? "Haven't you ever seen Nightmare on Elm Street?" No, I'm sure I haven't. Why? "Because the bad guy is named Jason!" OOOOH!!! I see! Ok, from now one I will call you by your middle name, that IS really freaky. "Never mind, Aunt Michelle, never mind." It has always bothered me that I had let him down at a pivotal moment. But I still don't buy Friday the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment